These included a poster by Daniel Jackson (a student from Cardiff University) on his dissertation an investigation into the reliability of tidal turbines' for sustainable electricity generation (photo below).
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the other students presentations on the programme from Welsh institutions:
- James Gardiner (Swansea Uni) The affect climate change on the Blaencwm landslide.
- Nicky Evans (Swansea Uni) N170 activity in prosopagnosia and normals; an EEG study.
- Wai Leung Sze (Swansea Uni) Safety in the railway domain.
- James Walker (Swansea Uni) Visualisation of animal tracking data.
- Desislava Terziyska (Cardiff Uni) "Two plastic surgeries for the price of one" or what makes up the 'perfect' Bulgarian.
- Liam Betsworth (Swansea Uni) Audacious: a location based application for the iPhone that makes use of a virtual audio space.
- Jordan Scoberg-Evans (Swansea Uni) Prosopagnosia in the perceptual "face/house" decision making paradigm.
- Jessica Esa (Swansea Metropolitan Uni) Religion in classic fairy tales.
- Jessica Lawson Hughes (Swansea Metropolitan Uni) Representations of women in modernist literature.